1. Check the Internet for local movie, theater, museum, and other recreational event times.
2. Search for the latest happenings in your local area sometimes there are seminars, trade shows, and more you don't know about.
3. Go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sometimes restaurants have Valentine's Day specials. Ask what the promotions are before you go out.
4. Download a movie for the family to watch. Be sure you are well-stocked with snacks and beverages.
5. Shop at a store you always wanted to visit but never had the time. Discovering new places in your town is often interesting and fun. You never know what you might learn or who you might meet.
6. Be creative, search for something unique to do with family and friends. Think: new games or devices, arts and crafts, building projects, online shopping, video creation, music, etc.
7. Take the time to catch up on life with other singles on or offline, family and friends. You can also use the time to pray together, and/or attend a worship service (see online).
Don't forget utilize online coupons when you can. There are sites that offer discounts and coupons to local events and restaurants (Groupon is one of them).
If you are shopping online, stop here first and you will receive money back on your online purchases.
Also, enlist the help of relatives and friends if you are having trouble making something happen such as: short of cash, at a lost for creative ideas, need transportation, etc.
Nicholl McGuire shares spiritual insight on YouTube channel: nmenterprise7