1. Turn the tv off! Tv is designed to take you away from your problems. You don't need to be taken away from your problems, you need to face them. Think about what you want to accomplish, now that you are no longer working for someone else. What have you always wanted to do? If it isn't a secret, post it somewhere in your home where you can see it everyday. Otherwise hide it discreetly, so that others can't find it.
2. Afterward, take a walk everyday or make some time to be alone. Tell yourself, that beginning tomorrow you will be awaking everyday at the same time. Don't deviate from the schedule. You may already be awaking everyday at the same time, so now incorporate your walk the same time everyday. If you are doing that too, then be sure you are having breakfast every morning. While you are walking, begin to observe your surroundings, listen to your breathing, and if you have a faith talk to God about the desires of your heart. If you need peace, request it. The purpose of your walk is to relax you, bring peace to your spirit and remove you from any place in your home you have spent time pondering over your problems. Oftentimes, people will dwell on the past, ask themselves over and over again what happened? The situation is over, if it was meant for the situation not to occur, it would have never happened. Now that it has, we learn from it and we move on.
3. Point 2 is important to follow, because what you are trying to accomplish is a focus (a discipline) all over again to build your inner spirit. The situation was crushing, it made you feel as if you were half a man or woman. Now you want to reclaim your strength, so that brings us to point three. Seek out a place where you feel your best every time you visit. If you enjoy music, visit a music store. If you like pets, go to a pet store. If you like spirituality, go to church. You get the point?
4. While visiting the places that make you feel your best, talk to the clerks, store owner or someone else who seems to share your interest ask questions. Does your interest provide you with ideas to make money? If so, sit down and brainstorm how you intend to make money. Then plan to visit the library.
5. When you visit the library, tell the librarian what your interests are and ask him or her to lead you to books that will help you accomplish your plan. For instance, if you would like to start a photography business, have her or him show you what books you will need to begin that goal.
6. What if you find that you don't desire to pursue your own business? Then you will be seeking newspapers, magazines, and the Internet for a job. However, before you do that, settle in your mind what type of job you want or what career would best suit you, by listing your strengths and weaknesses. Review your resume and update your skills. Make the changes and send it out to any company related to your experience along with a cover letter irregardless of whether or not their hiring. What you are doing is making an announcement to the world that "I am available and if you need me, call me." Tell everyone that you know who is supportive what you are doing, so that they can tell others. Don't be afraid to ask them to take a copy of your resume, review it for comment and then pass it along.
7. Keep to your new schedule you have set for yourself, until you get everything you want accomplished.
Click on the following resources you need to help you further in your pursuit to MOVE ON!