Here are 14 common expenses. Those that don't apply, consider yourself blessed. Think of ways to cut out some things, sell others, change favorite businesses for lower rates, and do other smart things with your money.
1. Transportation (bus, car, taxi, trolley, share rides...)
2. Food (healthy snacks, fruits, vegetables, less meat...)
3. Travel (annual vacations, staycations, special events...necessary or unnecessary?)
4. Laundry (self-serve, buy or share appliance, rent, Laundromat)
5. Shelter (rent, own, live with someone or group rent free)
6. Entertainment (magazines, cable, online subscription service, parties, clubs, sporting events...)
7. Utilities (phone, Internet, lights, water, gas, sewage...)
8. Credit Cards (high interest rates v/s. low ones, usage...)
9. Unexpected Expenses (death, medical, education, car maintenance...)
10. Unemployment Savings (self-explanatory at least six months of wages)
11. Childcare (with grandparents, daycare, afterschool program, stay at home mom or dad)
12. Insurance ( car, health, residence, life...)
13. Clothing (yourself, family)
14. Toiletries (discount stores, drug stores, grocery stores...who has the best prices? Are you using coupons?)
Other household expenses like furniture, office supplies, children's toys and other things add to list. If you don't have many of these expenses, consider the following: donations, investments, save, and spend. You can subdivide those categories with the items you buy monthly, weekly, and daily. Doing simple activities like this related to your money eases some of the tension and helps with creating a better plan to aid you in getting the things that you really want. When it comes to debt, start paying off the smallest bill and then gradually pay off the others.
Shop online? Use these Coupons, Promo Codes and Cash Back Savings
What else are you doing with your money? Is it necessary to spend it on certain things? If not, cut off the holiday spending, special event planning and more. They eat up your money--literally. Avoid impulsive spending and leave the useless gadgets on the shelves at stores.
To your success!