Now that you have some information to empower you to take action on your business dreams. Consider the following tips:
1. Don't use real name, create a business name.
2. Get a street address from a mailing center.
3. Don't use drop-shippers who have a history of purchasing defective merchandise. (You can find out more about this by visiting scam business sites, Ripoffreport.com reports fraud. Also check with Better Business Bureau).
4. Be sure to include any restocking fees in your return policy. (Consider using the same return policies of those you do business with especially if you dropship. If you don't know what dropshipping is Google term).
5. Don't reveal any personal information about yourself. Never mix business with pleasure.
If you have an online business, don't add additional stress to yourself by agreeing to meet offline with anyone.
6. Not everyone is honest when in business, so be sure you have money saved up to refund customers, take product losses, handle unforeseen issues, etc.
7. Costs are low when you ship products yourself. Always include postal insurance. For higher end merchandise, don't send without a return green signature card. You can also learn about electronic signature cards here.
Nicholl McGuire, Author, Blogger, Speaker, and Virtual Assistant